High School Spring Musical "Kiss Me, Kate"

The Fox Chapel Area High School 2015 spring musical, Cole Porter's "Kiss Me, Kate," will be performed March 19, 20, and 21 in the high school auditorium at 7 p.m., and March 22 in the high school auditorium at 2 p.m. Tickets are $13 each and all seats are reserved. Tickets go on sale March 1 and can be purchased through the Fox Chapel Area School District's website at web.fcasd.edu/tickets for an additional convenience fee. Tickets will also be sold at the high school auditorium box office on Saturdays ¬March 7 and 14 from 9 a.m.-12 noon. Tickets will also be sold at the door pending availability.

"Kiss Me, Kate" is a story about the production of a musical based on Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew." It centers on the conflicts between the show's producer, director, and star (the egotistical Fred) and his ex-wife, Lilli, who is also starring in the show. The sparks begin to fly when Fred pursues a young actress who has a boyfriend who's a gambler and has run afoul of some gangsters. This popular musical includes songs such as "Another Openin', Another Show," "Too Darn Hot," "So in Love," and "Kiss Me, Kate."

Fox Chapel Area High School is located at 611 Field Club Road in O'Hara Township.