Mission & Vision
The Fox Chapel Area School District exists to maximize student learning, achievement, and development.
The Fox Chapel Area School District will be recognized as one of the top-performing public school districts in the nation.
Toward that end we will:
- Challenge each student to reach his/her maximum potential level of achievement.
- Provide scholarly experiences that deepen understanding, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, innovation, and collaboration.
- Provide an environment that promotes inclusiveness and embraces diversity.
- Foster a culture that encourages student involvement in the community and raises awareness of civic responsibilities.
- Build relationships with postsecondary institutions, businesses, and industry to create and sustain programs that prepare students to excel beyond high school.
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- All students want to learn, are capable of learning, and share in the responsibility for their education.
- Contributing partners in the educational process include all district staff, students, families, and the community.
- Schools of excellence have effective educational leaders.
- Educators must be knowledgeable and current in their profession, discipline, and pedagogy.
- It is important for each member of the educational community to recognize and respect all forms of diversity.
- Effective schools are built upon integrity and foster respectful, inclusive, and dynamic environments.
- Responsive schools take a leading role in promoting safety and wellness.
- Fiscal decisions must effectively balance the educational needs of the students and resources of the community.